1. Brass and aluminum can be polished with a paste of lemon juice and cream of tartar. Another way to polish brass is by sprinkling salt on half of a lemon and rubbing it on the brass item. This method works on stainless steel as well.
2. Rub lemon on your faucets to remove lime scale, hard water stains, and soap residue. It also works on porcelain.
3. Whiten tennis shoes by spraying them with lemon juice and placing them in the sun
4. For a mild, stain-free bleach, soak your delicates in a mixture of lemon juice and baking soda for at least half an hour before washing.
5. Boost your laundry detergent’s power by adding lemon juice to a wash cycle for fresh smelling laundry, to brighten whites and remove rust and mineral stains.
6. For ink spots on clothing, apply lots of lemon juice to the stain as soon as possible. Wash the garment in normal cycle in cold water.
7. Remove unsightly underarm stains from shirts and blouses simply by scrubbing them with a mixture of equal parts lemon juice (or white vinegar) and water.
8. To get rid of mildew on clothes, make a paste of lemon juice and salt and rub it on the affected area, then dry the clothes in sunlight. Repeat the process until the stain is gone. This works well for rust stains on clothes too.
9. Grind citrus through the garbage disposal to get rid of nasty odours and freshen the drain.
10. Add half a lemon to the dishwasher load for sparkling spot-free clean smelling dishes.
11. Make your own spray cleaner by mixing two tablespoons lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon liquid soap, 1/2 teaspoon washing soda, and one teaspoon Borax into two cups hot water. Mix until dissolved.
12. Another all-purpose cleaning solution: combine lemon juice, vinegar and water in a spray bottle.
13. Add a nice clean scent as well as cleansing power to all liquid cleansers by adding two tablespoons lemon or orange juice.
14. Cut a lemon in half and sprinkle baking soda on the cut section. Use the lemon to scrub dishes, surfaces, and stains.
15. Use as a natural furniture polish, combine 1 part lemon juice with 2 parts olive oil.
16. Create a wonderful natural air freshener by mixing lemon juice and water in a spray bottle.
17. Place half a lemon or an orange in a dish can help freshen a room. You can also boil up the peels to freshen up the whole house.
18. Clean your windows and glass by rubbing straight lemon juice on them and then buffing dry with newspapers.
19. Dry lemon or orange peels can be used to freshen drawersStud an orange with cloves and hang it in your closet to keep moths away.
20. Rub fresh orange or lemon peels over your exposed skin to keep away mosquitoes and gnats.