Pear Vanilla Jam
44 servings (serving size: 2 tablespoons)
· 4 cups coarsely chopped peeled Bartlett pear (about 5 large)
· 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
· 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
· 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
· 1 (1.75-ounce) package pectin crystals
· 2 cups sugar
Place pear in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Place pear, rind, juice, and vanilla bean in a large saucepan. Stir in pectin. Place pan over high heat; bring to a boil. Stir in sugar; cook 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil; cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Remove from heat. Skim foam from surface; discard. Remove vanilla bean. Scrape seeds into pear mixture; discard bean. Stir 5 minutes to ensure fruit is suspended in jam. Cover and chill overnight.
Note: Refrigerate Pear-Vanilla Freezer Jam in airtight containers up to three weeks, or freeze up to six months.